Draw a route in a map
Andy Burnelli
2023-03-24 14:53:58 UTC
I seek a web that, given a list of waypoints (cities) draws a route from
the first to the last.
Hi Carlos,
This answer isn't a direct answer - but it could directly answer it
depending on the power of the web & Windows applications listed below.

You apparently need a route that is for vehicles, but for you perhaps
(and certainly for others), the base capability of "drawing a route
on Windows", "saving to your phone" & then "routing" does exist
(but note the caveat that I'm hiking and you are likely driving).

Mostly I use caltopo to draw a route I download to my phone to route...
but (and this is a biggie), what I use it for is to draw a route on a
*topographical* map & save to my phone so that I can follow that map
(and this is another biggie) by routing on foot.
<https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=37.9442,16.61133&z=5&b=mbt>
<https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/viewer/#4/40.01/-100.06>
Those web sites are so powerful, I wouldn't doubt if they actually do
road routing also, given a few waypoints, but you'd have to check.

Generally I load gpx results into a "visual routing" Android app,
although I wrote a tutorial a while ago on "verbal routing" apps.
Avenza: <https://www.avenzamaps.com/maps/how-it-works.html>
PaperMaps: <https://www.paper-maps.com/>

There is also excellent Windows software that draws routes, but again,
I've never tested any of them outside backcountry hiking in the USA.

Google Earth (which does fantastic topographical routing if you know how!)
<https://www.google.com/earth/about/versions/#download-pro>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.earth>

QGIS
<https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html>

GDal
<http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/v2/osgeo4w-setup.exe>

GPS Babel
<https://www.gpsbabel.org/download.html>

Added sci.geo.satellite-nav
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to faithfully add value for Windows mapping apps.
Bill W
2023-03-25 16:06:40 UTC
On Mar 24, 2023, Andy Burnelli wrote (in article
Post by Andy Burnelli
[...]
Do they work in countries outside the us map app hegemony?